Hi, Could anyone please tell me what the wires that come out of the back of ignition barrel. I'm trying to fit an immobiliser. Need to know what the purple, red, pink and brown wires are. Thanks. Any information appreciated. Regards Stefan
Triz, the whole point of this site is to save people money...
I've only just found my manual (after a week of looking), so I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.
The red one is the power feed from the battery, to my way of thinking this would be the one to switch using the relay from the immobiliser. The Brown wire is the accesories power wire (when the key is turned to position I power runs through here). The Pink wire is the On wire (in position II). When the engine is running this is where it all runs through. The Purple (techincally called 'violet') wire is the wire which switches the starter motor.
Sorry it took so long to get to you on this.
Bite off more than you can chew, and chew like hell - Peter Brock (1945-2006)